Quincy Studio Group Fitness Grand Opening
Serving Size: 1 square
Total Servings: 12
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup low-fat milk, or milk alternative of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup raisins (or frozen blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8″x8″ baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add both types of oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add bananas and applesauce to a medium bowl and beat using a hand mixer until creamy and mostly smooth.
- Add mashed banana, milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the oats. Beat together until combined evenly.
- Stir in nuts and raisins (or blueberries).
- Pour out mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the center is set. Let cool in the pan before slicing into 12 pieces.
143 calories; 3g fat, 0.7g saturated fat, 28mg cholesterol; 26g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 3g fiber; 119mg sodium; 307mg potassium.
Steel cut oats are a great source of soluble fiber and have a hearty texture that is sure to satisfy, making these a great breakfast option! Pair with 1 cup low-fat milk and ½ cup frozen berries for a complete meal.
•Out of bananas? No problem, just substitute with 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (total 1.5 cups applesauce).
•These bars freeze well too, just pop them in the microwave for 1 minute before serving.
More like this...