After spending the morning Christmas shopping at the mall and then watching the Patriots play a very snowy game in Chicago (really I was thinking about how thankful I am that it isn’t a home game and I, therefore, don’t have to shovel out my car tomorrow morning), I got to thinking about all of the activities this time of year that are quite efficient calorie burners and some of them are even kind of fun!
- General house cleaning for all those holiday visitors: 145 calories per hour
- Shopping: 150-250 calories per hour, depending on pace and load you are carrying
- Shoveling snow by hand: 293 calories per hour
- Ice skating: 263 calories per hour
- Downhill skiing: 280 calories per hour
- Snowshoeing: 400 calories per hour
**These counts based on a 140lb female**
Keep these activities in mind as the cold weather starts to set in or when you want to switch up your gym routine!
Leave a comment: What are your favorite winter activities that double as exercise?
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki