With holiday events and parties filling up your calendar over the next few weeks, it is easy to get off track with your healthy lifestyle. Holiday drinks can pack up to 400 extra calories and often we don’t think of our drinks as adding calories because they aren’t food. Unfortunately, it’s those creamy, delicious holiday drinks that can really throw you off! Here are some lighter choices that will still keep you in the holiday spirit:
1. Champagne=100 calories per flute
2. Wine Spritzer: 3 oz wine + 3 oz soda water = 60 calories!
3. Red Wine: 5 oz glass = 100-120 calories
4. Light Beer. Mich Ultra is about 64 calories/bottle, Bud Light is about 110
5. Vodka or Gin: 1.5 oz of your favorite flavor + soda water = 100 calories. Add a splash of juice and you’re still at about 120
You can also put your drink in a fun glass to make it more festive!
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki