10 Steps to Habit Change
Taste the rainbow doesn’t just apply to skittles. When thinking about incorporating fruits and vegetables in your diet, also think about the colors of the fruits and veggies you are eating and strive to get a rainbow of colors daily. Fruits and veggies of varying colors offer different types of nutrients, all of which our bodies need.
To increase your fruit and veggie intake:
- Keep cleaned fruits and veggies in the front of the fridge so they are an easy option for a snack.
- Add extra vegetables to soups, casseroles, pizzas, etc.
- Throw a couple slices of tomato or pieces of lettuce on your sandwich.
- Add fruit to your cereal or yogurt.
- Buy dried fruits to have on hand.
- Keep a bowl of bananas, apples, or oranges out on the counter.
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki
More like this...