10 Steps to Habit Change
Last day of recommendations for staying hydrated (I promise)…
So after reading the last post about how much water you actually need, are you saying to yourself “How on earth can anyone drink that much water in one day?” Good, because I am too!
Here are some tips on how to get enough water:
- Get yourself a reusable water bottle. Get one in a fun pattern or design that will catch your attention.
- Get a water bottle with measurements on the outside so you can track your intake.
- Carry your bottle with you during the day so you always have access to your hydration station.
- Try sparkling water as a fun, fizzy alternative.
- Add fresh fruit to your water to add a little flavor. Try lemons, limes, or even fresh berries.
- Or add a tea bag to your water for a different flavor.
- Eat water rich foods including watermelon, celery, lettuce, oranges, grapes, etc.
- Set reminders on your computer or cell phone to go off throughout the day and remind you to check in with your water goal.
- Drink a glass of water with each meal. Drinking during a meal will make it easier, especially if you don’t like water.
If you feel like you aren’t getting enough water right now, make sure you gradually increase your intake so your body can adjust to the increase.
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki
More like this...