Who doesn’t love coming home to a warm, home cooked meal? I sure do and that’s one of the many reasons why I love my crock pot. But even though I love it, I often forget about it. So I’ve decided to devote an entire post to the benefits of crock pot cooking in order to profess my love.
Reasons I love my crockpot:
1. Rarely am I home early enough to have a warm meal on the table by 8 PM, unless of course my “prep” work consists of dialing the pizza place down the street.
2. After I’m finished eating, there is only one pot to clean!
3. Often crock pots are large enough that there are enough leftovers for lunch the next day.
4. The crock pot needs little to no tending to, leaving me free to do other things around the house (or even leave it unattended).
5. Crock pots are relatively inexpensive. You can find a good one for about $30 and if you’re really thrifty check out local yard sales and thrift shops.
So there it is, I love my crock pot and I would like to extend a formal apology to it for allowing it to sit on the top shelf of my kitchen cabinet and collect dust for months on end.
Just a word of caution- don’t leave your crock pot unattended the first few times you use it, just in case it does malfunction.
Leave a comment: What’s your favorite kitchen appliance? Is there an appliance you love, but don’t use that frequently?
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki