- Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
- Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows. Make sure your elbows stay lined up underneath your shoulders.
- Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
- Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or your back from sagging in the middle.
- Think about sucking your belly button through to your spine
- Keep you back in a straight line
- Hold the position as long as you can and build up your tolerance over time
- If you are unable to hold this position initially, start in a modified position, resting on your knees and elbows
- You can also try alternating side planks to incorporate your obliques
- Don’t forget to breathe!
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki