The early bird gets the worm.
Seriously?!?! Whoever came up with this saying is crazy… Worms aren’t that appealing, and getting up when the alarm goes off before the sun comes up is even less appealing. Despite all that, getting up early and getting your workout in before your day starts boasts many benefits.
Here are some reasons to get your butt out of bed:
1. Exercising early in the morning jump starts your metabolism, keeping it elevated for hours. As a result, you’ll be burning more calories all day long.
2. Exercising early in the morning energizes you for the day.
3. Studies show that early morning exercise increases mental acuity for up to 10 hours, meaning you’ll be more efficient at work or school.
4. Exercising first thing in the morning guarantees you won’t miss your workout routine due to working late, traffic, or just plain old fatigue.
5. Having a consistent morning workout schedule helps your body’s endocrine system regulate its circadian rhythms. Basically, you’ll sleep better!
6. You will have accomplished more in your day before most people even get out of bed.
Rise and Shine!
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki