The fresh peaches and plums in this salad in addition to the lemon-poppy seed dressing are a refreshing combination! Try this yummy summer salad while peaches and plums are still in season.
To prepare turkey:
1. Cut 2 turkey breast tenderloins in half horizontally
2. Rub each side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Grill until no longer pink in the middle (about 12-15 minutes, flipping once halfway)
To prepare fruit:
1. Slice 2 peaches and 2 plums
2. Place in bowl and toss with lemon juice until fruit is lightly coated
To prepare dressing:
1. Combine 1/2 cup low fat lemon yogurt, 1 thinly sliced green onion, and 1/4 tsp poppy seeds
2. If necessary, stir in additional lemon juice until drizzling consistency is reached
Divide mixed salad greens (I used Boston Lettuce because I had that on hand) onto 4 plates, arrange turkey and fruit on top and drizzle with dressing.
Total prep time: 25 minutes
Total cost: $19.32
Total fat 3 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 77 mg
Carbohydrate 17 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 30 g
Been there, cooked that tips:
- Add the juices from the peaches and plums to the dressing mix to help thinning it to drizzling consistency.
- Slice up a few extra peaches and plums for a healthy snack the next day. Coating them with lemon juice keeps them fresh longer.
- Substitute baby shrimp or chicken to this recipe to get a different taste (Keep in mind this will affect the nutrition information).
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki